One thing that has been somewhat frustrating is dealing with the Kreinik. The coverage isn't bad, but it doesn't want to lay flat against the fabric, so the stitches end up loose even though my tension is good. If I pulled much harder, I'd end up with large holes between the stitches, which is probably the #1 thing I can't stand when stitching. I've had to undo/redo quite a bit to get the metallics to be tight enough without messing up the fabric.
I wonder if it has something to do with the Kreinik being sold on a spool, giving the thread an arched shape that doesn't want to flatten out, especially on a higher count fabric with more distance to cover on each stitch. I guess I could try a sample in another type of metallic to test it out.
Another minor problem is that I've managed to stitch this so the steely blue-grey portion of the fabric is directly behind portions of the fins that contain... a steely blue-grey color. It's not quite as obvious in real life, and honestly I have no intention of "fixing" it, but I thought I'd note it anyway. :p