Friday, July 03, 2015

another RR square (er, rectangle) complete!

Ahhhh, finished up my bit on the current round robin...

Yes, it's a dark and crooked photo. As usual...


And here's the entire piece so far!


Now, I was going to hop right back into Espressioni and finish the last design in that leaflet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a detour and work on my first needlepoint project. I was nosing around on Facebook and one of the designers I follow posted about a redesigned needlepoint site, so I decided to take a peek. Ahhh, what a mistake! So many pretty things!

So I ended up getting the pattern for one called Reflections of Joy. (If you see anything you want, there's a coupon - use code 'Grandopening' for 15% off! It works on PDF patterns too!)

I'll be doing it in the "blush" colors. Check it out!


I didn't buy the kit because I intended to use stuff from my stash, but there are a lot of ribbons and things I don't have on hand. Luckily, both of my LNSes were having sales, and I got away for MUCH less than the cost of the kit materials on the website. Woohoo!

And my wife had a gift card that she's been carrying around forever and finally remembered to use, so double woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!
    http://krisstitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that new one almost looks like hardanger, so pretty! As is your RR piece; that is some lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the RR - and the new purchase looks like it will end fantastically! I really like a few of the pieces on that site, so now I must force myself to behave... budgets and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work on the RR - it looks amazing especially all that beading. It's going to be amazing when all the rectangles are filled in. Reflections of Joy looks stunning too and really intricate. Have fun with that it.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)