Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I made the thing!

Bless you, no-sew cube. You make any crappy finish look great.

Sorry, only one picture of this thing because it doesn't look good head-on... it's kind of boring to look at it that way. But looking at it from the side a bit is pretty nice!



Well, at least I have a present for ONE person this Christmas. I'll be giving this to my MIL on Friday or Saturday since she'll be leaving on a trip before Christmas and I want to make sure she has it before then.

I might switch out the bow on top for something else... I got frustrated and just slapped a premade bow on it when I couldn't get the ribbon to cooperate with me. Ahaha. It does make it look like a gift box, though, so I'll probably leave it. Plus, laziness.

14 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely, perfectly finished x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic to me. I really must learn how to do this, it's a great finishing technique. Well done to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned from this tutorial! It's great! :D

      http://hannahxs.blogspot.com/2007/11/no-sew-cube-tutorial.html

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, it's so amazing! I think it's called a "fireworks" bow but it's been in our stash of stuff for AGES so I don't know if they still make them...

      Delete
  4. It looks so lovely! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's mostly because of the great tutorial. And lots of pins. :)

      I love your blog, I can't believe I never realized I could just follow you manually from my Blogger dash... I'm such a noob. :p

      Delete
  5. That is simply gorgeous! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I will have to learn to do that. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish. A cube finish is definitely on the cards for me. I have the perfect design now I just need the cube! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish :o)
    No sewing works for me!!!
    I absolutely adore the design you stitched as well!
    All the best for 2015
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)