Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness - week 4!

I'm pretty sure I'll have another MMMM post before the end of the week, but just in case... here's my official week four post!

I'm going to consider this finished for now because I'm not sure what I want to do with it from this point.  I don't like big needlebooks, but this will be kind of tiny at this size.  Since I can't decide, I'll let it rest a bit before I make any decisions!


I don't know if I'll start my mini witch next as I'm missing some of the threads (blasted #8 Kreinik, who uses that weight of thread?!) or if I'll find an alternate project.  Plus I'm still massively wrapped up in gaming and fandom and writing these days so stitching is sloooooow at the moment.

Feels nice to finish something though!

14 comments:

  1. Just use 2 strands of #4 kreinik ;). Which games are you engaging in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just do that... or even one strand! The directions say to stitch with three strands of floss on the paper, but it looks fine with two and I really want to keep using a loop start since it's kind of hard to tuck floss on the back of the paper without bending it. Maybe I'm too rough on my materials. :)

      I'm playing an import game from Japan at the moment. :D

      Delete
  2. Great finish! Hope you can get the missing thread:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may go the cheap route and just make do with something in my stash. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a quick little stitch too :)

      Delete
  4. This piece looks great. I hope you find a use for it that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's just too cute to let it sit around unfinished!

      Delete
  5. Is it too big to be a scissor fob? Maybe a needle book for one special gold needle! I have never used #8 because I've heard such bad reports about it. I always use the #4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, it might work as a fob or ornament! It's a bit big for a normal scissor fob, I think, but it would make a nice small ornament or decoration... :D

      Delete
  6. Oh this is such a beautiful piece! Is it too small for a pin keep? Or as Jo suggested a needlebook for one special gold needle. Whatever you decide ....this is a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of at the inbetween size where it's too small for some things and too large for others! I may end up making it into a small ornament... but maybe it can be a tiny needlebook. Ahhhhh, decisions!

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)