Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stitch from Stash - April report!

Posting early so I don't forget!

New starts from stash:
- Letters from Nora: A (Nora Corbett) - finish is HERE
- A Day at the Beach (Sweetheart Tree)

I didn't get too far before putting this aside, sadly.  I've done all the companion pieces to this one, and on those, I did a lot of the stitching over-one since that was a suggestion in the directions.  Well... since this is a larger piece, there are a lot more of the same motifs.  If I want them all to match, there's a LOT of things that need to be done over-one.

I wasn't in the mood for that, so I didn't get too far.


WIPs or UFOs worked on:
- Cattleya Orchid (Chatelaine) - finish is HERE
- Floral Fifteen (Just Nan)
- Spring Knotgarden (Chatelaine)

I wanted to finish five squares on Floral Fifteen, but I only did one, plus the outline of four more.  Maybe I'll do more by the end of the month?


Spring Knotgarden is baaaack!  This may take up the rest of my stitchy time for the month.  The only additions so far are the brick-shaped stitches on the bottom corners.  Hard to see in my terrible photo, but it's a pale pink.  I just put this back on the q-snap last night but I have big plans for the rest of the week!



Amount spent:
I had $53.30 in my budget from this month since I didn't shop at all last month.  This month, I organized a group buy of the Mirabilia "freebie" Arezzo from Casa Cenina.  CC only ships by express if you're an international buyer, and the chart would have been about $66 with shipping if purchased individually.  I gathered a group on FB and we ordered a total of 17 kits to slash shipping per kit by a TON!

It was kind of crazy. :p
I only kept ONE, I promise!  The rest are already at their new homes. :)

I also picked up Christmas by Renato Parolin.  My stitching wishlist is very small now and I'm only buying items that have been waiting on that list for a LONG time.  This fit the bill. :)


=== details ===
Arezzo - $28.02
Christmas - $24
total spent = $52.02 ($1.28 remaining)

I'm hoping May will be a better month for stitching, now that Loki's back to normal.  And also hoping that the return of my stitchy bug does NOT also mean the return of my shopping bug!

9 comments:

  1. Hehehe. I hope only the stitchy bug returns. The stitching looks lovely. I love the Spring Knotgarden. And those kits look mental. So many. You could have opened a shop. Good luck for May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I did some good work on Spring so hopefully that will keep me happy for a while. I'm ready to add more beads now, and I love beading. That can be my reward... NOT shopping!

      Haha, I kind of felt like I had a shop, since I had to pack and ship everything to everyone else in the group order. It was worth it, though!

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately the shopping bug seems to never go away for me. I wish it did! I'm far too addicted to buying kits online even though my stash is huge. Lovely updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Even with this challenge, my bad shopping habits have been channeled into other forms instead of just stopping. I really need to work at enjoying what I have instead of wanting the next shiny thing...

      Delete
  3. Your stitching is looking so lovely
    Sweet hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look spectacular. I really love Christmas too it's stunning.
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was such a good idea sharing the postage, great for everyone and I bet the shop were pleased with the large order too.
    I am enjoying having a small amount to spend each month, it is definitely focusing my thoughts on the things I really want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, everyone in the order ended up saving about $25 by sharing one big order. There was no way I would ever get that design at full price plus the crazy shipping. I guess I wasn't the only one who felt that way!

      The only thing I'm really hurting for is fabric. Everything I want is about $30 per piece (Crafty Kitten!) and the postage is high from UK to US. I'm just hanging in there for my one cheat month... July, since I'll get the birthday discount! :)

      Delete
  6. I love that Christmas piece! Great planning on your part on how to get stitchy stash for a more reasonable price; I wouldn't have wanted to pay $66 either.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)