Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rahenna vs. Spring Knotgarden - round one

Okay, this thing is killing me, but I'm not giving up!  The border is killer with multiple colors, crappy threads (I just looove the squeak of dry silks... not!), solid stitching, over-one, and a bunch of fractionals... plus all the eyelets above that!  But guess what?  It looks AWESOME when it's done so I just gotta suck it up and do it!

Almost completely done with one side... the hard part is done, anyway!  Just need to do some backstitching, some half stitches, and all the specialty stitches.  Am I the only one who thinks the specialty stitches and beading are the most fun?  Some people seem to dread them, but I'm like GIMME MOAR! 8D

Oh, yeah, I'll also need to do the beading at the outer edge but I don't think my q-snap is big enough.  I'll have to get creative with doing that.  Maybe one or two sides at a time, taking care not to smoosh all the other beads on this monster.

BUT ENOUGH TALK! Have at you some pictures. :)


And a closer view of the top, because I am still the worst at taking pictures.


So.  Almost a quarter of the border down.  A LOT more to go.  It would be a lot easier if the silk that's used most in the grass wasn't CRUNCHY but whatever.  I can power through it.  I'll just complain the entire time. :p

15 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Good on you for not giving up and getting on with it. It's going to be super stunning once done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous!
    I like specialty stitches and beading too. I'm desperately resisting getting into canvaswork because I already have enough going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably shouldn't show you this, then. :) There are at least three I MUST HAVE here!

      http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Canvas_Embroidery/CENorthernPineDesigns.html

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with a bit of a moan haha. It looks absolutely stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be worth it! The stitching is so intricate! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right! It's a huge pain the in behind, but it looks absolutely amazing!!!! Just think about how proud you'll be after finishing it :)

    Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, it will be a bit of a wait for the finished product, that's for sure. I had to do some frogging today because I'm picky and decided that plants should NOT be outlined in blue. Especially fuzzy blue rayon... gaaaah. But other than that, the first side is actually DONE!

      Three more to go... sigh. :)

      Delete
  6. ROTFLOL at the title...it is really gorgeous, though...which silks are the offenders? And I am totally with you on the specialty stitches...all XS and no specialty stitches makes Heather a...zzzzzzzz...*snerk* sorry, what was I saying??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crunchy silk is SNC 251 (young asparagus). It's almost CRISPY, it makes a terrible crunching sound when the skein is squeezed and it sounds like murder going through the linen. I'm surprised it doesn't break when I'm stitching with it. All the SNCs are crappy like that but 251 is the worst offender. I don't get why those and Glorianas are popular... one's crunchy and the other's a tangle-fest! BLEH.

      Can you tell I've been working on this for too long? :p

      Delete
  7. It DOES look awesome. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooooo amazing in person. Have you seen Joyce's finish pics? They are WAAAY better than the terrible pictures I keep posting!

      http://joysze.blogspot.com/2014/02/spring-knotgarden-pictorial.html

      Delete
  8. Looking sooooooo gorgeous, Rahenna!!!! I feel your pain and know that I'm here cheering you on!

    Psst, I complained the entire time too. Swore the air blue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been looking at your finish pics a LOT so I can get my motivation back!

      I need to suck it up and start another side... I did everything I could to avoid it, including almost all the remaining beading. Ugggggh. XD

      Delete
  9. I don't care if it's making you suffer - the pictures are worth it LOL

    I just love seeing progress on Chatelaines. I'm setting my sights on the new London one for my Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)