Wednesday, April 16, 2014

gimme an A for Awesome!

Or more like "All done!"  What a fast, pretty stitch.  Here's Letters from Nora A (Annabelle) with a bit of a color conversion, done with plenty of time to frame before Mother's Day. :)

Sorry in advance for the miserable pictures... it's dark in here and I'm terrible with my camera.  I tried to fix 'em up in Photoshop but I think I went a little too far with the intensity.  The wings aren't THAT bright.  But the fabric color is all wrong, it's a soft green, not harsh like it appears below.

Oh well.  Just look!

With and without flash...

Yes, the colors are different. :)

Random shots.  She's holding a crystal star!
 

I guess the stitching curse has been broken!  She took me only five days to stitch, and I didn't start until the evening on day one.  Plus I had to work one of those five days and I barely stitched at all that day.  So yes, these little fairies go FAST!  She was a lot of fun, too, very enjoyable with only a few colors but a lot of beads to make her special. :)

Next up... maybe Floral Fifteen for the Just Nan SAL? :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quick stitches. Especially ones as beautiful as this. Gives such a sense of accomplishment opposed to trudging along on BAP lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks fantastic, you really do have smoking needles!

    I spent ages this week trying to get a decent photo of the round robin I just stitched. None of them were quite right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so pretty! Your colour changes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is darling, just beautiful! I'm working on K for my girlfriend and I think it's going to take me longer than five days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a peek at K and she looks like she has a LOT more stitching than A. She'll be beautiful, though! :)

      Delete
  6. She is so, so pretty. I love her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A for Awesome and a S for Stunning!!!
    Great job in 5 days - wow!
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alluring, awesome, amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)