Sorry about the pictures, it's gloomy today and I've color corrected them as well as I could. The fabric is plain white so that gives you an idea of how weirdly these pictures are tinted...
As far as lessons learned, I keep a kind of mental list of things NOT to do, because every time I've done them in the past, I've been disappointed. But I keep doing them anyway! So obviously I need a reminder, especially since I'm being tempted by sales and such!
- NO mystery SALs (every one I have joined has been a major disappointment, I even went so far as to completely frog one I had done quite a bit of work on so I could save the fabric!)
- NO 28ct fabric (I hate how my stitches look on 28ct)
- NO evenweave, except for HAED-style patterns (I prefer the openness of linen)
- NO opal fabrics (they always seem so overpowering when I use them)
- NO more buying HAED-style patterns (I already have too many I won't stitch)
- NO visits to the LNS (I don't like either LNS and I impulse buy when I go there!)
- NO Gloriana, SNC, WDW, GAST threads (rough, tangly, and nasty!)
- NO getting sucked into monthly/themed chart series (CCN cottages, anyone??)
That last one is kind of funny since I have half of the Cottage Garden Samplings "My Garden Journal" series and I'm thinking of getting the other six just because! Uggggh, Rahenna, don't be a dummy!
In other news... at the moment, the stuff on my 123Stitch wishlist costs $199.81. I have a $200 gift card. SO TEMPTING, hahaha. :p
Nope. Gonna wait. :3 Maybe I'll go start a new Just Nan project to satisfy my lust for new stuff!