Tuesday, December 17, 2013

20 questions

I've seen this going around so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon. :)

1) Which fabric do you most prefer?
I'm a Belfast girl all the way.  I seriously HATE evenweave.  Just last week I frogged a project that I had started on *shudder* 28 count evenweave.  I'll redo it on LINEN. ^^b

2) What is your favorite fabric count?
32, duh. *points to question #1* :p

3) What colour fabric do you most enjoy stitching on?
Honestly, I don't have a favorite.  I love hand dyed fabrics and plain ones too!  If you want to know who my favorite dyer is, that's Picture This Plus, closely followed by Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie and Crafty Kitten!  And Sugar Maple Fabrics but good luck getting any of those!

4) What is your favorite fiber?
Hmm, hard to answer but probably Dinky Dyes silk.  The strands are nice and full, and it doesn't seem to tangle as much as other silks (NPI I'm looking at YOU).  And good old DMC is way up there too!

5) How many of the 450 DMC Colours do you own?
All of them.  Bwahahaha. XD
Oh.  Wait.  I don't have the new colors that came out this year!  Boooooo.

6) Of your last 5 projects -- how many used DMC/Anchor as the main floss?
Of the last five I finished?  Two.  Wow, I thought it would be all five! (Of my *cringe* nine WIPs, all but one are mainly DMC.)

7) Of the last 5 projects, if you didn't use DMC/ANCHOR -- what did you use?
Two used NPI silk (which I hate) and one used Dinky Dyes silk (which I LOVE!).

8) What needles do you prefer?
The ones that aren't rusty.  Haha.  I'm not picky about needles but I do NOT like petites or needles that are too thin.  Blunt, fat needles don't split the fabric threads, people!

9) What is the UGLIEST design you've encountered?
I dunno, there's a lot of horrible old lady designs of misshapen teddy bears and stuff. XD  I don't really take note of things I don't like.  If I had to pick something, I'd say there are some HAED "artists" who really need to learn what human anatomy actually looks like, but I feel like that's cheating since those charts are conversions of existing pictures.

10) What is the most BEAUTIFUL design you've encountered?
So hard to choose... how about five?
~ Herbularius (Chatelaine)
~ Spring Knotgarden (Chatelaine)
~ Enigma (Renato Parolin)
~ Bluebeard's Princess (Mirabilia)
~ Night (Wentzler)

11) Who is your favorite designer?
Do I have to pick ONE?  Here are my top five, no particular order.
~ Mirabilia / Nora Corbett
~ Teresa Wentzler
~ Ink Circles / Tracy Horner
~ Sweetheart Tree
~ Renato Parolin

12) Least Favorite Designer
I don't really waste brain space on stuff I don't like. XD  In general, I don't like primitives, quakers, samplers, or other things in that vein.  This goes hand in hand with my dislike of antiques.  Dead people stuff.  No thanks!

13) Will you/would you support a designer who's personal beliefs offended / angered you?
No, mainly because I feel like businesses shouldn't be going around showing their ass in public.  If a business owner is vocal about personal beliefs that could reasonably alienate customers, that person is not acting like a professional.  And if someone is that careless about their public image, how can I trust their products to be high quality?  Of course, it's just as unprofessional for people I agree with to act stupid, but at least I won't feel like I'm supporting a bigot.

14) Do you have a lamp especially made for needleworkers/crafters?
Nope, I just have daylight bulbs in a plain old lamp!

15) What brand of stitching lamp do you have/prefer?
None, don't care, it's the bulb that matters. ;)

16) What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching?
On the couch, under the lamp, with the TV on in the background as my wife watches yet another episode of Pokemon.  Haha. XD

17) Have you stitched any design more than once?
Yup, Mirabilia's Mediterranean Mermaid because the first time I was a dumbass and used a piece of fabric that was too small. :p

18) Favorite design you have stitched and finished?
Probably Octopus Treasure Cave by Chatelaine. :)  Love the subject, and all the specialty stitches and intense work made it a very challenging but super satisfying stitch!

19) Least favorite design you've stitched and finished?
Butterfly Garden by The Drawn Thread.  I have no idea why I hated on that poor thing so much while I was stitching it, because it's actually very pretty and would have been a quick stitch if I hadn't kept avoiding it!

20) Last, but not least, what's your longest running WIP?
Ahahaha, poor Angel Procession is probably old enough to be considered a legal adult in the US!

Posts without pictures are boring so check out my newly organized Pokemon collection. :p

2 comments:

  1. LOL fair point about the bulb... except FINDING a Daylight bulb here in New Zealand feels like a mish impossible! Will need to do these 20 questions on my blog too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, the question may have meant bulb where it says lamp, but I decided to be a wiseguy about it. :p I don't have special stitching bulbs, just regular "daylight" type bulbs that I got from the hardware store. I'm not too picky about light, just as long as it's not too yellow. :D

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)