I FINALLY got the Petite Treasure Braids I ordered for the PR SAL back at the beginning of the month! They arrived yesterday, and I got busy right away. Here is part one (mostly) all finished! I'm not going to stitch the moon until the next part comes out and I can stitch it all at once.
I'm making a few changes as I go along. I'm not using beads in the border because I just don't like huge clusters of beads, especially MH which are low-quality and have no size consistency. Plus, I don't like threads getting caught on beading as I stitch. I'm using Waterlilies Amethyst instead of beads, cutting out the brown and pink portions of the thread because... ick. :p
For now I've decided to leave off the triangular purple areas in the border. I stitched one and didn't like it, so I took it out. I may add them back in later once the whole border is done and I can get more of a feel for how it looks.
And finally, I'm stitching on a darker hand-dyed fabric (Silkweaver Starquest in opal Belfast) so I don't have to do the giant fields of 794 behind the fairy. I don't like stitching solid areas, I always end up with lumps. :(
Looking forward to the pretty moon and more shiny border next month! :)