Saturday, September 06, 2014

this is getting ridiculous

Yup.  It's a fin.  That's the entire bottom half of the mermaid done in less than a week!


I guess I'll do the water around this part next!  But I absolutely have to get back to the last round robin I have for our group after that. :)

Friday, September 05, 2014

omg stahp it

I feel sorry for my poor needle.  Most of this was done this evening... I couldn't stitch much last night because I had a stupid nosebleed and I was afraid it would find a way to stain my fabric! (TMI?  I dunno, it's just a nosebleed...)


I thought there was a lot more left of the fin, but I think I've already done more than half...

So I guess I should say... if you've been thinking about this mermaid, you should definitely stitch her!  She's a LOT of fun and I feel like the fin is very "classic" Mirabilia with the multiple color changes to create a shiny/gleaming effect even without the use of any metallic threads.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

it's a tail!

Yup yup, it's a tail.  You might argue that this isn't the entire tail, but I'd say this is the tail and the missing part is the fin. :p  I'd also say this is pretty amazing progress for just two days!  You can really see the flowers on her tail, especially from a distance.  When I stare at it up close, it just looks like a weird mess, but in the picture it's very clear that she has flowers all over her tail.


Tomorrow will be happy fun fin time.  Well, and probably the entire next week, since that fin is pretty monstrous. :3

Once I lose steam on the fin, I'll be good and get my round robin finished up too!

Next time I'll post some pics of my amazing Crafty Kitten fabric haul that finally arrived today. :D

Monday, September 01, 2014

September goals

I haven't done one of these in a while... looks like the last time I posted about my stitchy goals, it was way back in March!  But I'm ready for a challenge again. :3

September goals:
- complete and return the two band sampler RRs I'm working on (already finished one!)
- complete Gypsy Mermaid's tail (and fin!)
- finish A Day at the Beach
- no new starts!
- continue with Stitch from Stash!

That should be reasonable.  I've already done a big chunk of Gypsy Mermaid's tail this weekend, so I'll probably have her done early in the month.  I needed a break after the first band sampler because both of the pieces I have right now are Sweetheart Tree.  I love ST but all those delicate backstitched vines were making my eyes explode, so I'm taking a Mirabilia break for a bit. :p

Here's the round robin pic!  The colors are a lot nicer than shown here, but of course I'm always taking pictures late at night and the lighting is no good...


And here's the mermaid so far... I hated the orange tail at first but it's growing on me.  I'm still not sure about the bright yellow in the middle but I don't think I'll be making any changes at this point.  Probably.


No recent pic of A Day at the Beach, but here's how it looked a while back.  I've already added three of the yellow shells and some of the border, but I got annoyed with it after making a bunch of stupid counting errors.  It's not hard, just kind of tedious...


That's all for now.  Hopefully this will be a successful month!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stitch from Stash - August report!

Nothing fantastically exciting this month, but I had two HUGE finishes so GO ME!

New starts from stash:
- none

WIPs or UFOs worked on:
- Bluebeard's Princess (finished!)
- Spring Knotgarden (finished!)

Amount spent:
Nothing!  That was one of my personal goals for the month and I'm happy to have met it. :)  Still have some medical bills to take care of, so next month will likely be more of the same.  Even so, still noting that I have $25 to carry over to next month, just in case. ;)

To make this less boring, some items I thought about this month were...

Emi and Ana by Nora Corbett
Such a cool pair, I love how they are clearly meant to go together William Tell style. :p

But I don't really need to buy anything.  From my stash, this was tempting...

Chinese Garden Mandala by Chatelaine

Buuut next month's stitching will be two round robin band samplers and my long-neglected Beaded Dragonfly Tile by Chatelaine.  Poor thing got shoved aside when I was having trouble fitting all the beads on 32ct fabric and it's been waiting patiently ever since!


It's stuck there at the moment.  I need to take out that row of beads near the top (see how a few of them are pushed out of alignment?) and try something else.  I think I may turn them all 90 degrees since they fit better that way, but I dunno.  Maybe I'll rechart a tiny bit and leave out two beads per side.  It's kind of sad how they allllllmost fit, but just barely don't.  Sigh.

I'll think about it AFTER my round robins are done!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Spring Knotgarden is DONE!

FINALLY!  I put the last bead on a couple of hours ago, then ironed it and took it outside for some pictures.  Unfortunately, the sun is super bright right now, so the pictures came out a bit overexposed, and I wasn't able to correct them as well as I would have liked.  There will be more pictures later, but I couldn't have a huge finish like this and not post!






It's honestly not possible to capture the beauty and sparkle of this piece in a picture.  The colors are so much nicer than shown here! (For reference, the fabric is plain white Belfast so you can see how much the pictures are off.)  I'll try again later when it's not six bazillion degrees outside with the sun blazing down. :p

Friday, August 22, 2014

Spring Knotgarden - nearly there!

Super fast post... been working on this ever since I finished Bluebeard's Princess, and I keep forgetting to take a picture!  Next post on this one will be a finish! :D


Sorry for the terrible pic as usual, I'll be sure to take some nice ones when I finish.  Now... please excuse me, I have some more grass to stitch. :p